Jacquard Tie Dye System
The Jacquard Tie Dye Kit includes exemplary Procion MX dyes, plus soda ash, plastic squirt bottles, gloves, and elastic bands - all you need to get started excluding the shirts!
Pick your very own colors!
Do not forget...
Urea (recommended) for dyeing
to learn more about tieing.
- Combining the dyes can be done up to one week ahead of time. (further storage space calls for refrigeration.)
- Dissolve urea in water.1 tablespoon (15 ml) per glass (250 ml). Urea is harmless, easy to measure, therefore dissolves readily-a chemist's favorite. Make sufficient in the past for each and every color you're going to prepare. (Urea can be omitted in low water immersion dyeing.)
- Next, break down dye in urea answer. The greatest dye to make use of on cotton fiber is a good fiber reactive dye such Procion MX, Sabracron F, or Drimarene K (purchase from among the organizations listed at resources for materials). (don't use all-purpose dye including Rit® brand name dye in this form of dyeing!) utilize about 4 teaspoons of dye per cup...unless the dye is or contains turquoise MX-G, then you should twice as much quantity for comparable brightness, or black colored, then you definitely must make use of 2 to 4 times as much. If you are combining primaries to make other colors, keep in mind that the powder dissolves a great deal more quickly after this has been blended in dried out type.
Put the dye solutions into squirt or squirt bottles for using the dye - buy plastic containers specifically for this purpose.
Be cautious when you measure from dye...leave the jars available as short an occasion as you are able to, and employ a nose and mouth mask. Do not breathe dye! The things is not extremely harmful, but you can come to be sensitized to it, which will place an-end forever to your dyeing.
- Pre-soaking the textile. Prior to dyeing, pre-soak the textile for quarter-hour to at least one hour in a solution of salt carbonate, mixed one glass per gallon of liquid. These items can also be known as soda ash, and it is comparable to, but three times because strong as, washing soda. The kind marketed for private pools - one brand is "pH Up" - is great. (Do not use sodium bicarbonate, or cooking soft drink!)
- Using the dye. I love to set the textile nearly flat, or pleated loosely, and trickle with squeeze bottles straight onto the material, or spray it on with a spray bottle. This component is easy and enjoyable, but always even more tiring than I anticipate. Make sure you wear gloves! The sodium carbonate is a little caustic and must be cleaned or about wiped away from your skin layer soon after contact. (also the dyes on their own look really odd on your hands for 2 times afterwards-while a special hand cleaner, ReDuRan, is sold for cleaning after dyes, it really doesn't work also you'd like, so that you find yourself waiting two or three times to check typical once more. Also, no material dye has been fully tested for safety whenever spilled regarding skin.)
- Response time. Ensure the textile remains damp, the reaction to occur, a minimum of a couple of hours, but ideally eight to twenty-four hours. The Actual Quantity Of time required depends on the temperature, which will be at least 70°F (21°C). Within our humid weather here, we only keep the garments exterior, trusting the urea, a humectant, maintain our fabric sufficently wet, but in drier climates you may need to make use of plastic wrap or synthetic bags.
- Wash the clothes. Many dyers choose to utilize Synthrapol detergent within the clean liquid, to greatly help prevent dyes from mixing in undesired techniques. You nevertheless still need to isolate very light colors (especially yellow/orange); the issue with transfer of unreacted dye from dark to light areas is paid down by waiting a full day or more before cleansing away, as dye that has maybe not reacted because of the material will tend to respond utilizing the liquid, if offered enough time. I like to dump the dyed items into the washer without rinsing initially, but many would like to wash by hand before machine-washing. I clean first in cold, as soon as, then two times when you look at the hottest liquid available, making use of Synthrapol in each wash, and end by double-rinsing. You may have to clean the garments independently 1st couple of wearings, but pretty soon they've been 100% colorfast and safe to clean with everything, in my opinion.
- Temperature setting is certainly not required with Procion MX dyes. Truly the only reason to utilize a warm water wash is to rid the fabric associated with the final components of unreacted dye. It is critical to utilize cold water before making use of hot-water, as warm water may, into the existence for the salt carbonate, encourage some excess dye to be a little too closely linked to the textile, causing dye that slowly rinses out during the period of many washings.
Share this article
Types of Tie dye
Homemade Tie dye recipe
Tie dye substitute
Once you find suitable auto shipping quotes and put down a deposit, the company specialist will go to work on your order, contacting the carrier, arranging the first possible shipment date for your car, informing the carrier of any special conditions or terms and any particularities of your destination.