Ice dyeing fabric
to look at outcomes!
1. Immerse your textile in soft drink ash and liquid (1 glass per gallon of water) for a quarter-hour.
Soda ash will act as a fixative, making the dye permanent.
2. Pick out exactly what dyes you may like to use. We did a warm shade tale and a cool shade story. We recommend fibre reactive dye from otherwise .
3. Squeeze out your material carefully so it is wet maybe not damp.
4. Set a cooking rack together with a washtub or cooking pan
(don’t usage whatever you prepare with).
5. Scrunch your textile on top of the rack.
Cannot stack it excessive or the dye wont arrive at it as well.
6. Place ice over the material. Be sure to cover it totally.
7. Sprinkle dye over the top of ice with a spoon (again, avoid using anything you eat with). Remember to get a good number of protection but try not to overlap a lot of colors.
8. Allow ice to melt completely overnight.
It may get messy because it melts so go on to a safe location.
9. Rinse the textile and enjoy!
Make sure to follow along on our to see many tag us if you try ice dyeing your self. Rebecca even introduced house our ice dyeing research and tried it as a runner!