Different ways to Tie dye a shirt
Get a bottle to dispense the dye. A plastic ketchup bottle would work fine, but a squeeze bottle—like you'd get in restaurants—works best.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) natural nitrogen (to greatly help conserve the color in dye)
- 1 glass (236.5 ml) warm water
- 1 ounce (28 g) color dye
Prepare your soft drink ash mixture in a tub or sink. For each and every gallon (3.79 l) of liquid, blend in 1 glass (236.5 ml) of soft drink ash, also known as salt carbonateDamp your white cotton T-shirt into the soft drink ash mixture.
- Ensure that the whole top is wet; any the main top this is certainly dry wont take in the dye.
- Wring the clothing down well, so it's moist.
Pick your design. There are many different styles you can select when making tie-dye, one of them the spiral design additionally the sunshine design.
Method 2Spiral Design
- Keeping the top pinched, slowly twist the pinched part clockwise or counterclockwise. It must start bunching up; the folds should resemble a kind of vortex.
- Perspective through to the clothing has bunched up into a super taut group. It should be about the same level across and round like a saucer.
- Wrap one elastic band across the side of the clothing and several rubber bands outrageous. The rubber bands should overlap in the center, making the clothing resemble a cut-up wheel of cheese.
Method 3Sun Design
- Locate the midst of the clothing and squeeze it together with your thumb and forefinger.
- Lift the pinched part of the clothing up into the air and squeeze the remainder top firmly so that it forms a good cylinder.
- Without turning the clothing, put four to five rubber bands down the amount of the cylinder so they tend to be uniformly disseminate. It must appear to be a torpedo or baguette.
Process 4Dyeing Your Top
- Apply the dye out-of-doors or in a safe spot. When using the dye, you want to include sufficient and that means you never see white. As well, you don't wish much dye that we now have small puddles of it on top of the clothing. There are numerous methods for you to use dye:
- If utilizing the spiral structure, use one dye in the center and move outwards, encircling each brand-new ring with a new shade.
- If utilising the spiral design, apply different dyes in each quadrant developed by the overlapping elastic bands.
- If using sunshine structure, apply different dyes in each part produced by the elastic bands.
- If you want to have your whole top tie-dyed, stain the back and front side with similar dye design. If you wish to only have one part of one's top tie-dyed, stain just the front or perhaps the straight back side.
- spot your dyed top in a sealable synthetic bag or trash bag all day and night. The dye will still be on your own top.
- After 24 hours, take the top from the case and run water on it. Ensure that the dye features washed out together with liquid leaking from the shirt is rather clear. Get rid of the elastic bands to see what it looks like.
- Straight after rinsing, wash the top inside washer with soap and tepid water. Try not to wash with other shirts, and/or shirts may stain when the dye works on during washing process.
Ask a Question
If this question (or an identical one) is answered twice in this area, kindly click the link to let us understand.
- Try out rubber bands and dye patterns. There's absolutely no these types of thing as a failed tie-dye shirt. Fortune favors the strong.
- Tops that aren't 100% cotton will likely not take in the dye aswell.
- Don't use an excessive amount of dye.
- Salt carbonate (soda ash) can be found in supermarkets among the list of washing detergents in an Arm and Hammer yellow package with-it names Super Washing Soda!
- Constantly wear throwaway gloves and old garments when dyeing. Principle: you should not mind discarding it if it accidentally stains.
- Do not allow young children combine the dye unsupervised. Following the dye is cleaned off and dried it presents no danger.
- Some dyes causes severe health problems if inhaled or consumed. Put on a face mask if you were to think you could inhale or ingest the dye.
Running...Do you take to these measures?
Upload a picture for any other readers to see.